Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How NASCAR Broadcasts Work
- How NASCAR Racing Grooves Work
- How does a NASCAR track physically change during a race?
- What is hypermiling?
- Why is a NASCAR race car called "loose" or "tight?"
- How NASCAR Wedge Adjustments Work
- Why is camber so critical in NASCAR?
- Why is it so hard to understand the NASCAR penalty system?
More Great Links
- Clarke, Liz. The Washington Post. "Slowdown May Not Be All Bad for NASCAR." November 16, 2008 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/11 /15/ST2008111502388.html
- Hendrick Motorsports. "Engine Department FAQs" http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/tech_engine_faq.asp?dept=engine
- MacKinnon, Jim. Akron Beacon Journal. "This is Joe's Tire." http://www.nascarspace.com/nascar/nascar-sprint-cup-rules-info/follow -life-nascar-race-tire-2992.html
- Margolis, Bob. Yahoo! Sports. "NASCAR's Money Game." July 2, 2008 http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=bm-nascarmoney070208
- Martin, Mark; Tuschak, Beth. NASCAR for Dummies. For Dummies, 2005. http://books.google.com/books?id=eVi3hg7Y6ZkC
- NASCAR.com. "About NASCAR" http://www.nascar.com/guides/about/nascar/
- NASCAR.com. "The cost and value of team sponsorships." May 20, 2004 http://www.nascar.com/2004/kyn/nascar_101/05/20/team_costs/
- NASCAR.com. "Evolution of the Stock Car: Part 1" http://www.nascar.com/2002/kyn/history/evolution/02/06/stockcar /index.html
- Ryan, Nate. USA Today. "Roush: 'NASCAR's plan has worked' for Car of Tomorrow." July 26, 2008 http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2008-07-25-roush_N.htm
- Smith, Marty. ESPN.com. You think your fuel bill is high? NASCAR teams in a budget squeeze." April 5, 2008 http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/columns /story?columnist=smith_marty&page=DoorToDoor080326