Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Engines Work
- How Electric Car Batteries Work
- 5 Hybrid Battery Pack Improvements
- How Electric Cars Work
- How Plug-In Hybrids Work
- How Saturn Cars Work
- Blanco, Sebastian. "What Will the Chevy Volt Cost? Depends on the Price of Gas at the End of 2010." Autoblog Green. March 27, 2009. (July 10, 2009)
- Chevrolet. "Chevrolet: New Electric Car." (July 6, 2008)http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar
- Darovitz, Dave. GM spokesman for Chevrolet Volt and E-Flex Operations. Telephone and e-mail interview, conducted on July 6, 2008.
- Energy Information Administration. "Weekly Retail Premium Gasoline Prices (Including Taxes)." (July 10, 2008)http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/gas1.html
- General Motors. "GM Awards Advanced Development Battery Contracts for Chevrolet Volt E-Flex System." (July 10, 2008)http://www.gm.com/explore/technology/news/2007/fuel_cells/volt_eflex_batteries_060607.jsp
- General Motors. "Chevrolet Volt Development Charges On." (July 10, 2008)http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/news/events/volt_eflex/index.html
- Farah, Andrew. Chevrolet Volt Chief Engineer. Telephone interview, conducted on July 8, 2008.
- Posawatz, Tony. Chevrolet Volt Vehicle Line Director. Telephone interview, conducted on July 8, 2008.
- Turner, Lance. GM Battery Test Engineer. Telephone interview, conducted on July 7, 2008.
- Rauch, Jonathan. "Electro Shock Therapy." Atlantic Monthly. July/August 2008. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200807/general-motors