Lots More Information
There are many odd records you can break with a motorcycle. Learn about 10 motorcycle world records at HowStuffWorks.
- 10 Critical Pieces of Motorcycle Body Armor
- Top 5 Motorcycle Videos
- Car Smarts: Motorcycles
- How Motorcycles Work
- How Choppers Work
- How Vespas Work
- 1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport
- 1938 Brough Superior SS 100
- How the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally Works
- How the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club Works
- Is motorcycle body armor really necessary?
- Did Sears really sell motorcycles in its catalog?
- How does a frame slider prevent damage during a crash?
- Carleton, Dave. Vintage motorcycle judge and historian. Personal interview. (May 13, 2011).
- Cerilli, John. Co-founder of Vintage Motorcycles Online. Personal correspondence. (May 11, 2011).
- Guy, Lorin. Motorcycle event organizer. Personal correspondence. (May 9 and 10, 2011).
- Harley-Davidson. "Harley History Timeline." Harley-Davidson.com. (May 12, 2011).http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/content/pages/h-d_history/history_1900s.jsp?locale=en_us
- Honda. "'Nicest People' Campaign Causes a Sensation." world.honda.com. (May 13, 2011).http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1959establishingamericanhonda/text08/
- Moto Guzzi. "Ninety Years of Moto Guzzi." motoguzziheritage.com. (May 15, 2011).http://motoguzziheritage.com/about
- Panettieri, Rich. Moto Guzzi brand manager. Personal interview. (May 20, 2011).
- Stein, John. Motorcycle author and journalist. Personal interview. (May 12, 2011).
- Wagnon, Jim. Education manager at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. Personal interview. (May 12, 2011).
- Woodbury, Nolan. Co-founder of Vintage Motorcycles Online. Personal correspondence. (May 18, 2011).