Metal is super reflective, but it might not reflect a stop by the police. Learn if tinfoil on your hubcaps helps bypass police radar at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Brauer, Karl. "Talk Back Tuesday: Test Mules and Spy Photography." Edmunds.com. July 22, 2008. (Accessed Feb. 21, 2009)http://blogs.edmunds.com/karl/2008/07/talk-back-tuesday-test-mules-and-spy-photography.html
- Consumer Reports. "How Consumer Reports tests cars: A video guide to the methods our Auto Test Center uses to evaluate cars for Ratings and reviews." (Accessed Feb. 18, 2009)http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/how-we-test/introduction/how-we-test-introduction.htm
- Fangfang, Li. "Winter car tests thrive in Yakeshi." China Daily. Nov. 11, 2008. (Accessed Feb. 20, 2009) http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2008-11/29/content_7253564.htm
- Lutz, Bob. "At Last: Behind the Wheel of Volt Test Mule." GM FastLane Blog. June 5, 2008. (Accessed Feb. 16, 2009)http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/archives/2008/06/at_last_behind.html
- Nevada Automotive Test Center. (Accessed Feb. 18, 2009)http://www.natc-ht.com/
- Paine, Chris. "Who Killed The Electric Car?" Sony Pictures Classics. 2006.
- Pilibosian, Liz. "What's a Mule?" Cadillac Drivers' Log - Test Driving CTS All Over the World. March 26, 2007. (Accessed Feb. 16, 2009)http://cadillac.gmblogs.com/2007/03/whats_a_mule.html
- "Showing R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Ford to send Think cars to Norway." Associated Press, via USA Today. Sept. 16, 2004. (Accessed Feb. 20, 2009)http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2004-09-16-think_x.htm
- Weaver, Alistair. "Why the Lap Times Are a Bunch of Bull." Edmunds Inside Line. Sept. 16, 2008. (Accessed Feb. 18, 2009)http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=131934#5
- Woodyard, Chris. "Death Valley's a hotbed of car-testing intrigue." USA Today. Sept. 5, 2007. (Accessed Feb. 17, 2009)http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-09-04-autos-test_N.htm