Lots More Information
The next time you're filling up at the pump, take a minute to consider where that gas came from and how we can produce it more responsibly. Here are 5 ways that eco-friendly biofuels help the planet as well as big business. Read more »
- 10 Edible Biofuels
- Car Smarts: Biofuel
- Food or Fuel?
- The Ultimate Biofuels Crops Quiz
- How Biodiesel Works
- Are grease cars legal?
- Do biofuels compete with food?
- Will alternative fuels deplete global corn supplies?
More Great Links
- Austin, BJ. "Dallas School Bus Runs on Vegetable Oil." National Public Radio. April 8, 2009. (Nov., 2010)http://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=102863569
- Bakhsh, Nidaa. "Ensus Ramps Up Output at U.K.'s First Wheat-based Biofuel Plant." Bloomberg Businessweek. Feb., 22, 2010. (Nov., 2010)http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-02-22/ensus-ramps-up-output-at-u-k-s-first-wheat-based-biofuel-plant.html
- Barrionuevo, Ben. "It's Corn vs. Soybeans in a Biofuels Debate." The New York Times. July 13, 2006. (Nov., 2010)
- Biello, David. "Grass Makes Better Ethanol than Corn Does." Scientific American. Jan., 8, 2008. (Nov., 2010)http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=grass-makes-better-ethanol-than-corn
- Browning, Frank. "A Biofuel That's Softer on the Environment." The Burrill Report. Feb., 27, 2008. (Nov., 2010)http://www.burrillreport.com/article-a_biofuel_thats_softer_on_the_environment.html
- Brune, Michael. "Coming Clean: Breaking America's Addiction to Oil and Coal." Sierra Club Books. 2008.
- Burke, Adam. "Sunflower Power? An Entrepreneur's First Steps. National Public Radio. Oct., 4, 2009. (Nov., 2010)http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113222071
- Canola Council of Canada. "From Farm to Fuel: Canola is a high quality feedstock for biodiesel production." (Nov., 2010)http://www.canolacouncil.org/uploads/17016foundationrev1.pdf
- Cox, Jeff. "Surgarcane ethanol's not-so-sweet future." CNN Money. Aug., 7, 2007. (Nov., 2010)http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/06/news/economy/sugarcane_ethanol/index.htm
- Gardiner, Beth. "Palm Oil's Promotion as Diesel Alternative Draws Fire." The New York Times. June 3, 2010. (Nov. 2010)http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/04/business/energy-environment/04iht-rbogpalm.html?_r=2
- Industrial Bioprocessing. "India looks to jatropha for biodiesel." 2006. (Dec., 2010)
- Iowa Renewable Fuels Association. "Iowa RFA Ethanol Facts." (Nov., 2010)http://www.iowarfa.org/ethanol_facts.php
- Macintyre, Ben. "Poison plant could help cure the planet." The Sunday Times. July, 28, 2007. (Nov., 2010)http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/article2155351.ece
- Mongabay. "Soybean biodiesel has higher net energy benefit than corn ethanol - study, But neither can do much to meet U.S. energy demand-University of Minnesota." July, 11, 2006. (Nov., 2010)http://news.mongabay.com/2006/0711-umn.html
- National Sunflower Association. "Sunflower Oil Use in Biodiesel." (Nov., 2010)http://www.sunflowernsa.com/oil/biodiesel/
- Newman, Rick. "Corn Ethanol." U.S. News and World Report. Jan. 11, 2008. (Nov., 2010)http://money.usnews.com/money/personal-finance/articles/2008/01/11/corn-ethanol.html
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory. "Biofuels from Switchgrass: Greener Energy Pastures." (Nov., 2010)http://bioenergy.ornl.gov/papers/misc/switgrs.html
- Science Daily. "Creating Corn For Cars." May 7, 2007. (Nov. 2010)http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070504153451.htm
- Thomas, Isabel. "The Pros and Cons of Biomass Power." Rosen Publishing. 2008.
- Tilmann, David and Hill, Jason. "Corn Can't Solve Our Problem." The Washington Post. March, 25, 2007. (Nov., 2010)http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/23/AR2007032301625.html
- University of Connecticut. "Rapeseed and Canola Oil for Biodiesel Production." Aug, 30, 2010. (Nov., 2010)http://www.extension.org/pages/Rapeseed_and_Canola_for_Biodiesel_Production
- University of Connecticut. "Soybeans for Biodiesel Production." October 14, 2010. (Nov., 2010)http://www.extension.org/pages/Soybeans_for_Biodiesel_Production
- Walker, Niki. "Biomass Fueling Change." Crabtree Publishing. 2007.