Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Automatic Transmissions Work
- How Gears Work
- How Gear Ratios Work
- How Manual Transmissions Work
- How Torque Converters Work
More Great Links
- InsightCentral.net: CVT Transmission
- Automotive Engineering International Online: Audi takes CVT from 15th century to 21st century
- Edmunds.com: CVT Enters the Mainstream
- MSN Autos: Engineering New Transmissions
- Nissan USA: Xtronic CVT
- Birch, Stuart. 2000. Audi takes CVT from 15th century to 21st century. Automotive Engineering International Online. January.
- Carney, Dan. 2002. Small SUVs face off. Popular Science. February 18.
- Cars.com Glossary. Continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission.
- Encyclopedia Britannica 2005, s.v. "automatic transmission." CD-ROM, 2005.
- Gizmology.net. Notes on Continuously Variable Transmissions.
- Job, Ann. Engineering new transmissions. MSN Autos. Accessed March 20, 2005.
- InsightCentral.net. CVT Transmission.
- Kluger, Michael A. 2000. Gearing up for CVTs. Technology Today. Summer issue.
- Lienert, Dan. 2003. Cool. Where can I get one? Popular Science. January 16.
- Lienert, Dan. 2003. Putting power to pavement. Popular Science. August 13.
- Memmer, Scott. CVT enters the mainstream. Edmunds.com. Accessed March 20, 2005.
- Nissan USA. Xtronic CVT.