Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Aluminum Association. "Automotive Aluminum Use Reaches All-Time High In 2009." March 19, 2009.http://www2.prnewswire.com/mnr/duckerworldwide/37515/
- American Chemistry Council. "Plastics Help "Drive" Fuel Efficiency and Safety in New Automobiles at the Los Angeles Auto Show." Dec. 3, 2009.http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/americanchemistry/41515/
- Fountain, Henry. "Many Faces, and Phases, of Steel in Cars." New York Times, Sept. 14, 2009.http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/science/15steel.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
- Glass Magazine. "Downturn in global car industry to blame for glass job losses." Jan. 22, 2009.http://www.glassmagazine.com/news-item/auto/downturn-global-car-industry-blame-glass-job-losses
- Industrial Rubber Goods. "Rubber Tires."http://www.industrialrubbergoods.com/rubber-tire.html
- Sherefkin, Robert. "Surging steel prices galvanize auto industry." Financial Week, June 9, 2008.http://www.financialweek.com/article/20080609/REG/806090303/-1/FWIssueAlert01
More To Explore