How much do you know about sweet sorghum? Keep reading to learn about Sweet Sorghum: The Sweetest Fuel You'll Ever Taste!
- Top 10 Advantages of Biofuels
- 10 Top Biofuel Crops
- Food or Fuel?
- The Ultimate Biofuels Crops Quiz
- How Biodiesel Works
- How Algae Biodiesel Works
- Do biofuels compete with food?
- Will alternative fuels deplete global corn supplies?
- What are the economic advantages of using biofuels?
- What are the economic drawbacks of using biofuels?
- Alexander, C. et al. "Biofuels and their Impact on Food Prices." Purdue Extension. September 2007. (Jan. 14, 2011)http://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/ID/ID-346-W.pdf
- Altieri, Miguel A. "Modern Agriculture: Ecological impacts and the possibilities for truly sustainable farming." University of California, Berkeley. July 30, 2000. (Dec. 13, 2010)http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/~agroeco3/modern_agriculture.html
- Burpee. "Growing Zone Information." 2010. (Dec. 11, 2010)http://www.burpee.com/gardening/content/gygg/growing-zone-information/growingzoneinfo.html
- Carey, John et al. "Food vs. Fuel." Bloomberg Businessweek. Feb. 5, 2007. (Nov. 15, 2010)http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_06/b4020093.htm
- Golden Fuel Systems. 2007. (Dec. 13, 2010)http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/index.php
- Journey to Forever. "Oil Yields and Characteristics." (Nov. 19, 2010)http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_yield.html
- Lau, Michael H. et al. "The Economics of Ethanol from Sweet Sorghum Using the MixAlco Process." Agricultural and Food Policy Center, Texas A&M University. Aug. 11, 2006. (Jan. 14, 2011)http://www.afpc.tamu.edu/pubs/2/446/RR%2006-2.pdf
- McKenna, Phil. "Measuring Corn Ethanol's Thirst for Water." MIT Technology Review. April 14, 2009. (Nov. 15, 2010)http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/22428/page1/
- Mellon, Margaret and Jane Rissler. "Environmental Effects of Genetically Modified Food Crops -- Recent Experiences." Union of Concerned Scientists. June 12-13, 2003. (Dec. 13, 2010)http://www.ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/science_and_impacts/impacts_genetic_engineering/environmental-effects-of.html
- Naylor, Rosamond L. et al. "The Ripple Effect: Biofuels, Food Security and the Environment." Environment. November 2007. (Jan. 14, 2011)http://www.environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/November%202007/Naylor-Nov07-full.html
- Pimentel, David and Tad W. Patzek. "Ethanol Production Using Corn, Switchgrass, and Wood; Biodiesel Production Using Soybean and Sunflower." Natural Resources Research. March 2005. (Jan. 14, 2011)http://www.springerlink.com/content/r1552355771656v0/
- Rosen, C.J. and B.P. Horgan. "Preventing Pollution Problems from Lawn and Garden Fertilizers." University of Minnesota. 2009. (Dec. 11, 2010)http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/dg2923.html
- Rosenthal, Elisabeth. "Once a Dream Fuel, Palm Oil May Be an Eco-Nightmare." The New York Times. Jan. 31, 2007. (Nov. 16, 2010)http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/31/business/worldbusiness/31biofuel.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1290625375-G4EOxMpw99oBdvPcW6DvCw
- Tsuneishi, Scott. "E85 Vs Conventional Gasoline - Tech Knowledge." Import Tuner. April 2009. (Dec. 13, 2010)http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0904_e85_vs_conventional_gasoline/index.html
- United States Department of Agriculture. "Adoption of Genetically Engineered Crops in the U.S." July 1, 2010. (Dec. 13, 2010)http://www.ers.usda.gov/Data/BiotechCrops/