- 10 Ways to Proactively Protect Your Engine
- 5 Ways Modern Car Engines Differ from Older Car Engines
- 5 New Engine Technologies That Make Cars More Fun to Drive
- How Car Engines Work
- How to Prevent Soot Buildup in Your Car's Engine
- How EPA Fuel-Economy Testing Works
- How to Get Better Fuel Economy
- What is engine knock?
- What's the difference between torque and horsepower?
- What's the connection between compression ratio and fuel economy?
- Arman, Mike. Author of numerous technical manuals on engines and FAA Advanced Ground School Instructor. Personal correspondence. Dec. 13, 2011.
- Federal Trade Commission. "The Low-Down on High Octane Gasoline," brochure. Oct., 2003 (Dec. 15, 2011). http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut12.shtm
- Nielsen, John. Director of Approved Auto Repair at AAA. Personal correspondence. Dec. 16, 2011.
- Porter, Reid. Spokesperson for American Petroleum Institute. Personal correspondence. Dec. 15, 2011.