The 1965 Chevrolet Chevy II 100 had exclusive use
of this pillared body style .
Parking lights moved down to the deep-section bumper, and sedans gained a new roofline. Taillight and backup lights were restyled, as was the rear cove. An expanded engine lineup gave customers six power choices.
They began with the mild-mannered 90-horsepower Super-Thrift four-cylinder and 120-horsepower Hi-Thrift six-cylinder. Up the ladder were a 140-horsepower six and a 195-horsepower 283-cubic-inch V-8. Up top were a pair of Turbo-Fire 327-cubic-inch V-8s that churned out 250 or 300 horses.
Midyear also brought a more potent 283 with dual exhausts and 220 horsepower. It was quite a selection for a mainstream compact car.
The 1965 Chevy II came in entry-level 100 form or as the posher Nova 400, each in three body styles. The Nova Super Sport came as a Sport Coupe only, and its production dipped to just 9,100 cars.
Nova models had one of the six-cylinder or V-8 engines; the four cylinder was available only in the 100.
Super Sports had a new brushed-chrome console with floor-mounted four-speed manual transmission or Powerglide automatic, but a column-mounted three-speed manual remained standard. Bucket seats wore textured vinyl trim, and the dashboard held ammeter, oil pressure, and temperature gauges.
1965 Chevrolet Chevy II and Nova Facts
| Model|| Weight range (lbs.)|| Price range (new)|| Number built|
| Chevy II 100|| 2,505-2,875|| $2,011-$2,413||40,500 (approx.)|
|Chevy II Nova 400, I6||2,645-2,880||$2,243-$2,510||51,700 (approx.)|
|Chevy II Nova SS, I6||2,690||$2,433||9,100|
A bench-seat Chevy II was plain and simple,
though this one has factory A/C.
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.
- How Chevrolet Works: Get the inside story of one of America’s greatest automotive marques in this lavishly illustrated history of Chevrolet, beginning with its founding in 1911.