The 1975 Nova LN Coupe had cushy front seats
that felt like "lounge chairs."
"Now it's beautiful," said the brochure of Nova's all-new sheet metal, "refined along the lines of elegant European sedans."
Chevrolet wisely maintained a visual kinship with the 1968-1974 design, and also retained Nova's efficiently sized 111-inch wheelbase.
Two-door coupes and hatchbacks and four-door sedans remained. Basic Novas could be spiced up with a sport-striped SS two-door option. But the big news in trim was introduction of the LN coupe and sedan.
The LN sent Nova into the luxury portion of the compact market; some actually thought of it as competing against a few high-end European imports. The Nova LN was called "the most luxurious compact in Chevrolet's history," with wide-back reclining front seats that "look and feel like big, soft lounge chairs."
LN equipment included additional sound insulation, map pockets, an electric clock, a smoked instrument lens, and a day/night mirror. Swing-out quarter windows could be ordered for the coupe. "Thanks to LN," the sales brochure announced, "Nova's image will never be the same again."
All Novas now had cut-pile carpeting, formerly installed only in the Custom series. Speedometers had larger, easier-to-read graphics. Windshields offered greater glass area. Front-door armrests were redesigned with integral pull bars.
Front tread grew by an inch and a half, and the front stabilizer bar was thicker. Novas now had front disc brakes and steel-belted radial tires.
1975 Chevrolet Nova Facts
| Model|| Weight range (lbs.)|| Price range (new)|| Number built|
| Nova|| 3,276-3,493|| $3,099-$3,870||272,982|
This "European look" Chevy Nova Sedan
flirted with a $4,000 price tag.
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.
- How Chevrolet Works: Get the inside story of one of America’s greatest automotive marques in this lavishly illustrated history of Chevrolet, beginning with its founding in 1911.