1972 Chevrolet Nova
The 1972 Chevrolet Nova sold well
despite being virtually unchanged from 1971.
An exception would be a 1972 Chevrolet Nova equipped with the new Skyroof option. This was a folding soft sunroof available in six colors and was installed in 6,268 coupes. The Rally Sport option with special suspension returned and was a rather popular choice, with 33,319 sold.
Super Sport equipment went on 12,309 coupes, some of which also had the Rally package. Nova production moved to Norwood, Ohio, where it would be assembled alongside the Camaro.
A 250-cubic-inch six-cylinder engine remained standard, with only two other choices available: the 130-horsepower 307-cubic-inch V-8 or 165-horsepower 350-cubic-inch V-8. Coupes started at $2,351 with the six-cylinder engine, while four-door sedans commanded $28 more.
A Custom Decor group included full-length rocker panel and bodyside moldings, as well as bright window or drip rail moldings. Air conditioning cost an extra $381, and a vinyl roof went for $87.
Despite the lack of change, Nova had its best sales season in year, with production of the 1972 models reaching 349,733. Of these, 139,769 had the six-cylinder engine.
1972 Chevrolet Nova Facts
| Model|| Weight range (lbs.)|| Price range (new)|| Number built|
| Nova|| 2,949-3,116|| $2,351-$2,469||349,733|
Top engine for the 1972 Chevy Nova was
the 165-horsepower 350-cubic-inch V-8.
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.
- How Chevrolet Works: Get the inside story of one of America’s greatest automotive marques in this lavishly illustrated history of Chevrolet, beginning with its founding in 1911.