Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- American Chemistry Council. "Plastics Division: Automotive." (Dec. 17, 2009) http://www.americanchemistry.com/Plastics/sec_content.asp?CID=1080&DID=4234
- Brady, Mike; Brady, Pam. "Developments in Automotive Plastics." Reinforced Plastics. Nov. 1, 2008. (Dec. 16, 2009)http://www.reinforcedplastics.com/view/2659/developments-in-automotive-plastics/
- Chaikin, Don. "Chrysler Is Working On Entire Car Bodies Made Of Plastic." Popular Mechanics. July 1998. (Dec. 16, 2009)http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1266731.html
- Ecology Center. "2006 Automotive Plastics Report Card." (Dec. 17, 2009) http://www.ecocenter.org/cleancar/plastics.php
- Gabriele, Michael C. "SAE show highlights: new automotive plastics." AllBusiness.com. April 1, 1994. (Dec. 17, 2009)http://www.allbusiness.com/manufacturing/plastics-rubber-products-manufacturing/438101-1.html