1975 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo grilles and taillights were restyled for 1975.
Grilles earned a restyling this season. A new wraparound taillight design brought up the rear. For the last time, Montes could have the big-block 454-cubic-inch V-8, now rated at 215 horsepower. Base engine was a 145-horsepower 350-cubic-inch V-8 with two-barrel carburetor. For a little more oomph, two other options could be checked off: a four-barrel, 155-horsepower rendition of the 350 or a 400-cubic-inch V-8 that eked out 175 horsepower. This year's Monte Carlos were shod with broader, GR70x15 radial tires.
"When it makes you feel good about yourself," the sales brochure insisted of the Monte Carlo, "that's character." The popular coupe was described as "honest, tasteful, with classic design and elegance." A newly available Custom interior included a choice of a 50/50 reclining passenger seat or swivel bucket seats. Standard interiors had a bench seat, and the driver faced a color-keyed instrument panel, steering wheel, and steering column.
The 1975 Monte Carlo Landau could be fitted with an optional Sky-roof.
1975 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Facts
| Model|| Weight range (lbs.)|| Price range (new)|| Number built|
| Monte Carlo|| 3,927-3,930|| $4,249-$4,519||258,909|
For more picture-packed articles about Chevys and other great cars, see:
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.
- All Chevrolet Monte Carlos: The Chevrolet Monte Carlo continued in production through the 2007 model year. Learn about the modern history of this stylish Chevy coupe.