Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Car Safety Quiz
- 5 Crash Test Videos
- Top 5 Driving & Safety Videos
- How Airbags Work
- How Traffic Tickets Work
- How Self-parking Cars Work
- How Red-light Cameras Work
- Can a car really be death-proof?
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
- How does a laser speed gun work to measure a car's speed?
- BMW. "BMW Insights: iDrive." BMW.com.http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/idrive.html
- Brown, Stuart F. "Faulty Toyota Sensor Is Part of Drive-by-Wire System." NYTimes.com.http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/28/faulty-toyota-sensor-is-part-of-drive-by-wire-system/
- Cavanaugh, Maureen. "Are Car Electronics Too Complex?" KPBS.org.http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/feb/17/are-car-electronics-too-complex/
- FOX News. "Toyota Recalls 437,000 Prius, Hybrids Globally." Foxnews.com.http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/02/09/toyota-recalls-prius-hybrids-globally/
- Greengard, Samuel. "Active Cruise Control: A Smart, Safe Choice." Progressive.com.http://www.progressive.com/auto-tech/entries/2009/8/28/active_cruise_contr.aspx
- NHTSA. Safety Defect/Compliance Notices Received During September 2009. 10/6/2009 (3/12/2010) http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2009/RCLMTY-092009-1234.pdf
- NHTSA. "Safety Defect/Compliance Notices Received During October 2009." 11/6/2009 (3/12/2010)http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/docservlet/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2009/RCLMTY-102009-1234.pdf IIHS. "Q&As: Electronic stability control." http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/esc.html