Now let's put the parts together to see how power brakes work as a whole. This diagram provides both a closeup view and an example of where the brakes are located in your vehicle.
For more articles on brakes and related automotive topics, check out the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Brakes Work
- How Master Cylinders and Combination Valves Work
- How Drum Brakes Work
- How Disc Brakes Work
- How Anti-lock Brakes Work
- What are the different types of brake fluid?
- Why do brake lines have so many bends and loops?
- What do the brake warning lights mean in my car?
- Could anti-lock brakes detect a flat?
- Rollover Accidents Explained