Lots More InformationRelated HowStuffWorks Articles
- Car Safety Quiz
- 5 Crash Test Videos
- Top 5 Driving & Safety Videos
- How Airbags Work
- How Traffic Tickets Work
- How Self-parking Cars Work
- How Red-light Cameras Work
- Can a car really be death-proof?
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
- How does a laser speed gun work to measure a car's speed?
- Bennett, Jeff. "Many Auto Makers Offer Brake-Override Systems" Wall Street Journal, February 8, 2010. (March 4, 2010) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748704197104575051261910244700.html
- Cappa, Nick. Engineering and Technology PR, Chrysler Group LLC. Personal interview, March 4, 2010.
- Maynard, Micheline. "U.S. Considers Brake Override System" New York Times, March 2, 2010. (March 4, 2010) http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/03/business/global/03toyota.html
- Schmitt, Bertel. "Toyota's Brake Override Explained" The Truth About Cars, March 7, 2010 (March 9, 2010) http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/toyotas-brake-override-explained/
- "Toyota to Install Brake Override Systems in All New Vehicles" U.S. News and World Report, January 13, 2010. (March 4, 2010) http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/100113-Toyota-to-Install-Brake-Override-Systems-in-all-New-Vehicles/