The "Dukes of Hazzard" made a comeback with a feature film starring Seann William Scott, Johnny Knoxville, and Jessica Simpson. In an interview with Cinema Confidential, Scott reports that all of the stunts were actually performed - there's no computer-generated General Lee flying through the air. The stunt crew from the "Bourne Supremacy" worked on the Dukes film. After a few weeks of training, Scott also got to drive the General for a few scenes. Knoxville confirmed Scott's skill in another interview. "Seann was training like four hours a day with Bobby Ore and Seann's damn good now," he said. "Reverse 180s, drifting, he's really good and he gets to do a lot of the driving in the movie."
For more information on the General Lee, check out the links on the following page.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How NASCAR Works
- How Car Engines Work
- How does a carburetor work?
- How Car Suspensions Work
- How Tires Work
- How Mufflers Work
- How Automobile Ignition Systems Work
- How Manual Transmissions Work
- How does nitrous oxide help an engine perform better?
- SUV Safety Explained
- Automotive Recalls Explained
- The 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner Hemi Explained
- The 1968 Ford Mustange 428 Cobra Jet Explained
More Great Links
- Build A General Lee. http://www.buildagenerallee.com/
- Chau, Thomas. "On Set Interview: Johnny Knoxville on 'The Dukes of Hazzard.'" Cinema Confidential News, July 12, 2005. http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0507121
- Chau, Thomas. "On Set Interview: Seann William Scott on 'The Dukes of Hazzard.'" Cinema Confidential News, July 13, 2005. http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0507131
- Hofstede, David. "The Dukes of Hazzard: the unofficial companion." Renaissance Books, 1998. 1-58063-038-3.
- Warner Home Video. The Dukes of Hazzard - The Complete First Season. 1979.
- Warner Home Video. The Dukes of Hazzard - The Complete Fourth Season. 1982.