No one wants a car designed to fail, but car makers are full of tricks to make you yearn for a new car. Discover how cars are designed to fail.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Bellerose, Marc. Automotive Technology Department Chairman. Manchester Community College. Class notes. May 2009.
- Chamberlin, Ken. Chrysler Certified Transmission Technician. Personal interview. Conducted Oct. 3, 2009.
- Erjavec, Jack. "Automatic Transmissions." Published by Delmar Cengage Learning. 2005.
- SAE International. (Oct. 8, 2009) http://www.sae.org