1993 Chevrolet Cavalier
The 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier line included this RS convertible.
Both the RS and Z28 convertibles gained a glass rear window for 1993, which allowed a rear defroster to join the ragtops' list of options. All RS models could now be ordered with the Z24's 140-horsepower 3.1-liter V-6, which was formerly optional only on the wagon.
Standard on RS models was again a 110-horsepower 2.2-liter four-cylinder engine, which was the only powerplant offered in the stripper VL series. Both engines came standard with a five-speed manual transmission; a three-speed automatic was optional.
Also for 1993, RS Cavaliers wore Z24-level cloth interior trim, RS wagons got a split-folding rear seat, and a low-oil-level warning light was added to cars equipped with the V-6 engine.
The availability of the optional CD player was also expanded to include the budget VL models. Sales increased over the uninspiring 1992 total, enough to return Cavalier to the number-one spot in Chevrolet's line.
1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Facts
| Model|| Weight range (lbs.)|| Price range (new)|| Number built|
| Cavalier|| 2,509-2,695|| $8,520-$18,305||250,728|
This 1993 Chevy Cavalier Z24 Coupe was among
the priciest models for this year.
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.
- How Chevrolet Works: Get the inside story of one of America’s greatest automotive marques in this lavishly illustrated history of Chevrolet, beginning with its founding in 1911.