Although it's also all the rage these days, looking back, fuel economy was the primary focus for Ford trucks during the 1980s -- a fact substantiated by styling changes, revised powertrains, and the development of smaller truck offerings.
Greeting the new decade was a restyled Ford F-Series pickup with a more aerodynamic front end. Cabs were a bit bigger, too, and four-wheel-drive versions got independent front suspension in the form of Ford's Twin Traction Beam setup.
Want to see how these innovations impacted the look of the trucks? Continue to the next page to have a look at some of Ford's trucks from 1980.
Looking for additional information on Ford trucks? Try one of these:
- Ford Trucks
- 2000-2007 Ford Trucks
- 1990-1999 Ford Trucks
- 1970-1979 Ford Trucks
- 1960-1969 Ford Trucks
- 1950-1959 Ford Trucks
- 1940-1949 Ford Trucks
- 1930-1939 Ford Trucks
- 1920-1929 Ford Trucks
- 1903-1919 Ford Trucks
- Consumer Guide Auto New Large Pickup Truck Prices and Reviews
- Consumer Guide Auto New Compact Pickup Truck Prices and Reviews
- Consumer Guide Auto Truck Buying Guides
- Consumer Guide Auto Used Large Pickup Truck Prices and Reviews
- Consumer Guide Auto Used Compact Pickup Truck Prices and Reviews