Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Biodiesel Works
- How Oil Refining Works
- How Oil Drilling Works
- Could salt water fuel cars?
- What is the Strategic Petroleum Reserve?
- Is ethanol fuel really better for the environment than sticking with gas?
- E85 Ethanol Flex Fuel Overview
More Great Links
- Berdhal, John, et al. "Biomass yield of diverse switchgrass cultivars and experimental strains in western North Dakota." Agronomy Journal. April 15, 2005. http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm ?seq_no_115=164799
- Bullis, Kevin. "Will cellulosic ethanol take off?" Technology Review. February 26, 2007. http://www.technologyreview.com/Energy/18227/
- Burden, Dan. "Switchgrass profile." Agricultural Marketing Resource Center. June 2005. http://www.agmrc.org/agmrc/templates/agmrcgenerictemplate.aspx? NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7bF099CBB7-A693-4DFD-A0B6- E6D3CB969B96%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fagmrc%2fcommodity%2f biomass%2fswitchgrass%2fswitchgrassprofile%2ehtm&NRCACHEHINT= NoModifyGuest#
- Clark, Giles. "Plant protein may aid biofuel production." Biofuel Review. April 30, 2007. http://www.biofuelreview.com/index.php?option=com_content &task=view&id=943
- English, Burton C., et al. "Estimated Economic Impacts on the Agricultural Sector and the Nation's Economy of Supplying Feedstock to an Energy Sector." University of Tennessee. August 22, 2007. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/biotech_symposium/docs/1a-24.doc
- Grumet, Jason. "Hearing on Energy Security and Oil Dependence." U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. May 16, 2006. http://www.energycommission.org/site/page.php?testimony=17
- Hirsch, Robert L., et al. "Peaking of world oil production: Impacts, mitigation and risk management." SAIC. http://www.projectcensored.org/newsflash/the_hirsch_report.pdf
- Holt-Gimenez, Eric PhD. "Biofuels - Myths of the agro-fuels transition." Institute for Food and Development Policy. http://petroleum.berkeley.edu/patzek/BiofuelQA/Brazil/food_first _backgrounder.htm
- Lang, Susan S. "Cornell ecologist's study finds that producing ethanol and biodiesel from corn and other crops is not worth the energy." Cornell University. July 5, 2005. http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/July05/ethanol.toocostly.ssl.html
- Ratliff, Evan. "The plant that will save America: The chemistry." Wired, pp 160-161. October 2007.
- Wang, Michael Q. PhD. "Energy and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Impacts of Fuel Ethanol." Argonne National Laboratory. August 23, 2005. http://www.anl.gov/Media_Center/News/2005/NCGA_Ethanol_ Meeting_050823.ppt
- Woolsey, James R. Hearings on grains, cane and automobiles: Tax incentives for alternative fuels and vehicles." U.S. Senate Committee on Finance. April 19, 2007. http://www.energycommission.org/site/page.php?testimony=18
- "Environmental benefits." U.S. Dept. of Energy. October 4, 2007. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/environmental.html
- "Petroleum Flow, 2006." Energy Information Administration. http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/aer/pdf/pages/sec5_3.pdf
- "Switchgrass research aims to create ethanol to power vehicles at $1 per gallon." Newswise. December 4, 2006. http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/525656/