Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Car Smarts: Exotic Cars
- How the Bugatti Veyron Works
- How the Caparo T1 Works
- How Horsepower Works
- How Force, Power, Torque and Energy Work
- What will speed mean in the future?
- What's the most expensive American car ever sold?
- How does a laser speed gun work to measure a car's speed?
More Great Links
- Dewetron. "SSC Sets World Speed Record with Dewetron!" (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.dewamerica.com/contact/events/SSC/
- Roadsters.com. "Breaking the sound barrier on land." Jan. 1, 2010. (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.roadsters.com/750/
- Shelby SuperCars. "It's Official: SSC's Ultimate Aero Speed Record is validated by Guinness World Records." Oct. 9, 2007. (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-100907.php
- Shelby SuperCars. "Ultimate Aero Specifications." (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.shelbysupercars.com/car-specs.php
- Siddarth, Raja. "SSC Ultimate Aero TT breaks top speed world record." Motor Authority. Sept. 13, 2007. (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1026407_ssc-ultimate-aero-tt-breaks-top-speed-world-record
- Supercars.org. "Fastest Cars in the World: Top 10 List 2009-2010." (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-cars/fastest-cars-in-the-world-top-10-list/
- Worldcarfans.com. "SSC Ultimate Aero 'World's Fastest Production Car.'" Sept. 17, 2007. (Feb. 4, 2010) http://www.worldcarfans.com/10709173586/ssc-ultimate-aero-worlds-fastest-production-car