Manual transmissions used to accelerate faster than automatics, but is that still the case? Find out if manual transmissions are faster than automatics.
More Great Links
- Audi World
- Dual-clutch vs. CVT Debate
- BorgWarner -- manufacturer of the DCT used in Volkswagons
- Ford of Europe Puts Dual Clutch Transmissions Into High Gear
- Transmission Considerations: Beyond the Manual Gearbox
- Adams, Eric, et al. "The Popular Science Automotive Buyer's Guide: Managing Power - Transmission," Popular Science, July 2005.
- Amoroso, Frank. "2004 Audi TT 3.2: Got Smooth? Got DSG?" AudiWorld, January 17, 2004. http://www.audiworld.com/features/tests/2004tt32.shtml
- Audi World Site http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en1/new_cars/technology/ drive___suspension/dsg/technology_and_details.html
- "DSG and CVT: Which will prevail?" CARToday.com, July 5, 2005. http://www.cartoday.com/content/news/singlepage.asp?in=7312
- "European interest in dual-clutch technology shifts up a gear," Just-auto.com, December 2, 2005. http://www.just-auto.com/features_detail.asp?art=1171
- Erjavec, Jack. "Automotive Technology: A Systems Approach." New York: Thomson Delmar Learning. 2005.
- Kluger, Michael and Bapiraju Surampudi. "Smooth in the clutch." Southwest Research Institute, Summer 2004. http://www.swri.edu/3pubs/ttoday/Summer04/Clutch.htm
- Thomas, Mike. "Ford of Europe puts dual clutch transmissions into high gear." Ford Newsroom, February 13, 2006. http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=22361
- "Twin-Clutch Gearbox," AutoZine Technical School, 2003. http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/gearbox/tech_gear_manual.htm
- Visnic, Bill. "Teaching an old tranny new tricks: BorgWarner breathes next-generation life into the manual transmission," WardsAuto.com, December 1, 2000. http://wardsautoworld.com/ar/auto_tech_trends_4/index.html
- "The sporty direct shift gearbox." AudiWorld, August 27, 2003. http://www.audiworld.com/news/03/082703/content.shtml