Author's Note: 5 Completely Wrong Ways to Drive in the Fog
Oddly enough, writing this article made me want to drive in the fog -- at least just a little. Even when you're in a car there's something mysterious and alluring about fog. For the most part, I think I pretty much knew how to drive in the fog -- you know, because I'm from the Northeast. But I honestly don't know whether or not I knew I shouldn't have my high beams on. I'm guessing I would have turned them on just to see if I could get a better visual on the road. Hopefully I would have noticed it didn't help. As for using other cars as a point of reference and sticking to close to them...yeah, I've definitely done that. But no more!
- 10 Most Dangerous Distracted Driving Habits
- Top 10 Safe Driving Tips
- 5 Completely Wrong Ways to Drive in the Rain
- How Hydroplaning Works
- How Defensive Driving Works
- How to Steer Out of a Skid
- Can we control the weather?
- California DMV. "Driving in the Fog." (March 5, 2012) http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/driving_in.htm
- Stafford, Rob. "How Can You Drive Safely in Fog?" MSNBC. Dec. 10, 2004. (March 5, 2012) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308811/ns/dateline_nbc/t/how-can-you-drive-safely-fog
- Weather Channel. "Driving Safety Tips. Driving in Fog." (March 4, 2012) http://www.weather.com/activities/driving/drivingsafetytips/fog.html