Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- How long do alternators last?
- How long do automotive engines last?
- How long do car shocks last?
- How long do car tires last?
- How long do transmissions last?
- Should auto tires have a sell-by date?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Autoline Detroit. "GM's Oil Life Monitor." YouTube.com. Sept. 11, 2008. (June 27, 2010) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-wAekX-xA
- DeGaspari, John. "Recording oil's vital signs." Mechanical Engineering Magazine. 1999. (June 26, 2010) http://www.memagazine.org/backissues/membersonly/may99/features/vitalsigns/vitalsigns.html
- Fitch, Jim. "Determining Proper Oil and Filter Change Intervals: Can Onboard Automotive Sensors Help?" Machinery Lubrication. (June 28, 2010) http://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/562/oil-change-filter-sensors
- General Motors. "GM's Oil Life System and Simplified Vehicle Maintenance Can Help Consumers Save Time, Money and the Environment." (June 29, 2010) http://www.gm.com/corporate/responsibility/environment/maintenance/simplified_ maintenance_040104.jsp
- Neal, Deborah. "Engine Oil Life Monitors: How they work and what to know." Automedia.com. (June 28, 2010) http://www.automedia.com/Engine_Oil_Life_Monitors/dsm20100401om/1
- Torbjornsen, Tom. "Tom's Corner Garage: Is GM's Oil Life Monitor (OLM) Reliable?" Edmunds Daily. Nov. 18, 2009. (June 26, 2010) http://blogs.edmunds.com/strategies/2009/11/toms-corner-garage-is-gms-oil-life-monitor-olm-reliable.html