The 30,000-mile service is the first major check up on a vehicle. Is it worth the cost? Find out at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Castrol USA. "How to replace a car battery." Accessed October 19, 2009.http://www.castrol.com/castrol/genericarticle.do?categoryId=9013136&contentId=6007427
- Consumer Reports. "Car battery installation and maintenance." Accessed October 19, 2009.http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2006/car-battery-installation-and-maintenance-9-06/overview/0609_car-battery-installation-and-maintenance_ov.htm
- Miller, Chaz. "Lead-acid batteries." Waste Age. March 1, 2006.http://wasteage.com/mag/waste_leadacid_batteries_3/