Lots More Information
Heavy-duty items that get towed along roads in your community are limited to huge trucks, right? If you're not aware of your vehicle's towing capacity or of how heavy your innocuous load is, you might heaving a load better left to a semi. Read more »
- 10 Tips for Easy Towing
- Top 10 Towing Risks to Keep in Mind
- Top 10 Most Popular Towing Accessories -- and Why?
- Hitch Accessories Quiz
- Donaldson, Joel. "Hitching up." 2006 Guide to Towing, A Supplement to Trailer Life. March 2006.
- Haulmark. "Hitch Types." Towing Tips Resource Center. (Oct. 13, 2008) http://www.haulmark.com/php/resource.center/hitch.types.php
- HitchSource. "Trailer Hitch Selection Guide." (Oct. 13, 2008) http://www.hitchsource.com/hitch_guide.php
- Turner, Noah. "Getting Hitched." RV View Magazine. Nov. 1, 2006. (Oct. 13, 2008) http://www.campingworld.com/pc/rvm/output.cfm?id=1164061&issueid=690
- U-Haul. "Towing Glossary." (Oct. 23, 2008) http://www.uhaul.com/hitches/glossary/
- U.S. Department of Transportation. "U.S. Transportation Secretary Mineta Announces New Consumer Publication On Safe Towing of Trailers." Press Release: June 10, 2002. (Oct. 13, 2008) http://www.dot.gov/affairs/nhtsa4502.htm
- U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Towing a Trailer: Being Equipped for Safety." April 2002. (Oct. 13, 2008) http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/Cars/Problems/Equipment/towing/index.htm