Lots More Information
General Motors has developed a self-driving car called the Cruise AV that has no steering wheel or pedals. Learn more at HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 10 Cars to Watch in 2014
Being a freelance writer isn't all hooded sweatshirts in the home office I share with the dog and too many cups of coffee -- as fantastic as that sounds. It's also jetting off to the Los Angeles International Auto Show just as the wintry weather settles over that home office. I get a jolt of sunshine and two days of new car smell. I walk the floor of the convention center with a camera in my hand and my laptop in my backpack, taking pictures of all the concept cars while climbing into every production car that isn't locked. If I'm lucky, manufacturers will reward my patience for listening to their presentations (which happen every half hour all day long) with yummy snacks. If I'm very lucky, and the manufacturer had a good year, they send around trays of champagne-filled flutes. And if I'm very, very lucky, there are some gorgeous cars to photograph, some innovative technologies to report on and at least one presenter who can tell a joke without a teleprompter. Actually, I'm not sure that last one has ever happened. Fingers crossed for 2014!
- BMW. "Press Kit: The BMW i3." BMW Group Press Club Global. Oct. 10, 2013. (Nov. 27, 2013) http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-us/jaguar/news/2013/11/jaguar_f-type_coupe_us/
- GM. "2014 Cadillac ELR Electrifies the Luxury Market." GM News United States. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/elr/2014.html
- GM. "Return of the Stingray: The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette." GM News United States. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/corvette/2014.html
- Gorzelany, Jim. "The Hottest New Cars for 2014." Forbes.com. July 7, 2013. (Nov. 13, 2013) http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2013/07/17/the-hottest-new-cars-for-2014/
- Honda. "Honda Accord Named '2014 Green Car of the Year' by Green Car Journal." Honda. Nov. 21, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://ohio.honda.com/article.php?s=2013-11-27-honda-accord-named-2014-green-car-of-the-year-by-green-car-journal
- Huffman, John Pearley. "Coolest New Cars for 2014." Edmunds.com. July 24, 2013. (Nov. 13, 2013) http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/coolest-new-cars-for-2014.html
- Jaguar. "Jaguar F-Type Coupe Joins Jaguar Lineup." Jaguar. Nov. 19, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://www.newspressusa.com/public/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=38111
- Marchetti, Nino. "Porsche 918 Spyder Super Plug-In Hybrid Ready to Race." EarthTechling.com. Sept. 6, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://www.earthtechling.com/2013/09/porsche-918-spyder-super-plug-in-hybrid-ready-to-race/
- Maserati. "Maserati Ghibli on Stage in Los Angeles at the Start of the 'Opposite of Ordinary' Era." Maserati North America. Nov. 13, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://www.newspressusa.com/public/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=38174
- Mazda. "All-new 2014 Mazda3 Named 'Car of the Year' by Autoguide.com." Mazda USA Media. Oct. 3, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://www.mazdausamedia.com/2013-12-09-ALL-NEW-2014-MAZDA3-NAMED-CAR-OF-THE-YEAR-BY-AUTOGUIDE-COM
- Porsche. "Press Information: Porsche 918 Spyder." Porsche. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://press.porsche.com/vehicles/2015/2015_918_Spyder_Press_Information_and_Tech_Specs_Final.pdf
- Subaru. "Subaru Announces Pricing on 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid." Subaru US Media Center. Oct. 1, 2013. (Nov. 26, 2013) http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=FC5E60BDF225EBEDBD61408E950EA7FD?&id=491