Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Carr, Brian. "Fuel Economy Tip -- Roll the Windows Up." DailyFuelEconomyTip.com. May 2, 2006. (10/5/2009)http://www.dailyfueleconomytip.com/uncategorized/fuel-economy-tip-roll-the-windows-up/
- "Car Talk's Guide to Better Fuel Economy." Car Talk. (10/5/2009)http://www.cartalk.com/content/features/fueleconomy/
- Ellis, David. "4 gas-saving myths." CNN. May 21, 2007. (10/5/2009)http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/09/pf/gas_myths/index.htm
- "Fuel Economy Center." Edmonds.com. (10/5/2009)http://www.edmunds.com/fueleconomy/index.html
- FuelEconomy.gov Web site. (10/5/2009) http://www.fueleconomy.gov/
- "Good, Better, Best: How to Improve Gas Mileage." Federal Trade Commission. September 2005. (10/5/2009) http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt064.shtm
- "Green Vehicle Guide." EPA.gov. (10/5/2009) http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/Index.do
- "July 2009 Traffic Volume Trends." U.S. Department of Transportation. (10/5/2009) http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/tvtw/09jultvt/page2.cfm
- Motavalli, Jim. "The Air Out There: An Endless Windows-vs.-Air-Conditioning Debate." New York Times. July 30, 2008. (10/5/2009)http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/the-air-out-there-an-endless-windows-vs-air-conditioning-debate/
- MPGTune.com Web site. (10/5/2009) http://www.mpgtune.com/index.php
- Wiesenfelder, Joe. "Tips for Saving Fuel." Cars.com. June 30, 2009. (10/5/2009) http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=fuel&subject=fuelTips&story=mpgSave&referer=advice