Lots More Information
Can you name five signs that point to power loss for your car engine? HowStuffWorks can help you identify power loss problems for your engine.
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- The GM Car That Has No Steering Wheel or Pedals
- Making a Car Last for 300,000 Miles Is Totally Possible — Here's How
- New Study: How to Build Batteries Out of Thin Air for Carbon-Negative Cars
- Are cars designed to fail at a certain point?
- How Regenerative Braking Works
- Belliveau, Norman. Owner, Ace Armature Co. Personal interview. Conducted on Oct. 14, 2009.
- Carabello, Joe. Owner, Hub Automotive Rebuilders. Personal interview. Conducted on Oct. 14, 2009.
- Chapman, Norman. "Principles of Electricity and Electronics for the Automotive Technician." Delmar Publishers. 2000.
- Lloyd's Automotive and Transmission Specialists, Inc. "6 Symptoms of a Failing Alternator." (Mar. 17, 2018) http://www.automotiveolympia.com/blog/failing-alternator-symptoms.html
- Nationwide Insurance. "Is it Your Battery or Your Alternator?." Jan. 3, 2017. (Mar. 17, 2018) https://blog.nationwide.com/dead-car-battery-or-alternator/
- Owen, Clifton E. "Basic Automotive Service and Systems - 3rd Edition." Thomson Delmar Learning. 2007.
- Pickerill, Ken. "Automotive Engine Performance - 4th Edition." Thomson Delmar Learning. 2006.
- Ruelas, Ed. "Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Alternator." YourMechanic. Jan. 5, 2016. (Mar. 17, 2018) https://blog.nationwide.com/dead-car-battery-or-alternator/
- SaveOnEnergy. "How Does An Electric Motor Work?" (Mar. 18, 2018) https://www.saveonenergy.com/how-does-electric-car-motor-work/