Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Allen, Mike. "Obama's Call for Tire Inflation to Beat Gas Crunch: Reality Check." Popular Mechanics. Aug. 7, 2008. (Oct. 1, 2009) http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4276844.html
- Consumer Reports. "Help keep your vehicle's tires safe." April 2009. (Sept. 25, 2009) http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/tires-auto-parts/tires/tire-safety-11-05/overview/0411tir1.htm
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Tire Safety - Everything Rides On It." (Sept. 24, 2009) http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html
- Rubber Manufacturers Association. "Replacement Guidelines for Passenger and Light Truck Tires Manual & Supplement." Jan. 25, 2005. (Sept. 30, 2009) https://www.rma.org/publications/tire_service_professionals/index.cfm?PublicationID=11309
- Tire Rack. "Tire Aging - Part 1: Nothing Lasts Forever...and Tires Are No Exception." (Sept. 26, 2009) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=138