Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Gilbert, R. Kent, Ph.D. "Laser Measurement Takes Hold." (Jan. 26, 2010) http://www.perceptron.com/downloads/laser_msmt_trends.pdf
- Herold, Frank. "Case Study: VW Halves Fit-and-Finish Inspection Times for its Premium Flagship Model." (Jan. 26, 2010) http://www.aicon.de/daten/downloads/applications/vwdresden/ Case_Study_VW_Glaeserne_Manufaktur_en.pdf
- Hexagon Metrology. "Laser Scanners." (Jan. 26, 2010) http://www.hexagonmetrology.com/laser-scanners_230.htm
- National Institute for Standards and Technology. "NIST Industrial Impact: Precision Assembly Process Improves Vehicle Quality and Reduces Costs." (Jan. 26, 2010) http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/factsheet/abc2.htm