Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Comstock, Tom. "What Automotive Needs Right Now: Quality Control, Manufacturing Efficiency." IndustryWeek. April 7, 2010. (May 4, 2010) http://www.industryweek.com/articles/what_automotive_needs_right_now_ quality_control_manufacturing_efficiency_21493.aspx
- Kleis, Mark. "Chevy's Department 180 returns -- this time with the Smoke Test." Left Lane News. March 29, 2010. (May 4, 2010) http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevys-department-180-returns-this-time-with-the-smoke-test.html
- Kleis, Mark. "Chevy's elite Department 180 demonstrates passenger rear end testing." Left Lane News. March 26, 2010. (May 4, 2010) http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevys-elite-dept-180-demonstrates-passenger-rear-end-testing-video.html
- Kong, Benson. "Toyota Adds New Executive VP to Assist with Quality Control." Automobile Magazine. April 22, 2010. (May 4, 2010) http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6642524/news/toyota-adds-new-executive-vp-to-assist-with-quality-control/index.html
- Schaffels, Brandy. "Chevrolet Engineers Show that Quality Control Can Be Fun." AskPatty.com. Feb. 3, 2010. (May 4, 2010) http://caradvice.askpatty.com/ask_patty_/2010/02/chevrolet-engineers-show-that-quality-control-can-be-fun.html
- Subaru of Indiana. "Manufacturing and Assembly." Summer 2004. (May 4, 2010) http://www.subarudrive.com/Sum04_Manufacturing.htm