- Car Smarts: Car Safety
- How Red-light Cameras Work
- How Seatbelts Work
- How Traffic Tickets Work
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
- Why are they replacing all of the traffic lights in my town?
- How does a traffic light detect that a car has pulled up and is waiting for the light to change?
More Great Links
- Dresser, Michael. "Red Light Cameras Found To Reduce Fatalities." Baltimore Sun. Feb. 1, 2011. (Feb. 13, 2011)http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-02-01/features/bs-md-red-light-cameras-20110201_1_red-light-cameras-fatalities-cities
- Hu, Wen. "The Effects of Red Light Camera Enforcement on Fatal Crashes in Large US Cities." Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. February 2011. (Feb. 12, 2011) http://www.iihs.org/research/topics/pdf/r1151.pdf
- Langland-Orban, Barbara. "Red Light Running Cameras: Would Crashes, Injuries, and Automobile Insurance Rates Increase If They Are Used in Florida?" Florida Public Health Review. (Feb. 13, 2011)http://health.usf.edu/NR/rdonlyres/C1702850-8716-4C2D-8EEB-15A2A741061A/0/2008pp001008OrbanetalRedLightPaperMarch72008formatted.pdf
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. "Q&A for red-light cameras." (Feb. 13, 2011)http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/rlr.html
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. "Communities using red light and/or speed cameras." (Feb. 14, 2011)http://www.iihs.org/laws/auto_enforce_cities.aspx
- Safestcar.com. "Camera enforcement in 14 large cities reduces rate of fatal red light running crashes by 24 percent." Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Feb. 1, 2011. (Feb. 13, 2011)http://www.safestcar.org/02/camera-enforcement-in-14-large-cities-reduces-rate-of-fatal-red-light-running-crashes-by-24-percent/