1987-1988 Porsche 959 Pictures and Specifications
With all-wheel drive, aerodynamic bodywork, and a 450-horsepower "boxer" six, the Porsche 959 set a new standard for roadgoing performance, handling, and grip. The 959 wasn't street-legal in the U.S., but a few undoubtedly came in via "gray market" channels. "Consumer" models were built between 1987 and 1990, but most were spoken for by 1988.
The Porsche 959 was shaped to give zero lift, a must given the 195-mph top speed.
The Porsche 959 was carefully designed inside and out for maximum power.
Most of the Porsche 959's body was rendered in light high-tech Kevlar composite.
The 450-horsepower "boxer" six fueled the Porsche 959's incredible power and speed.
1987-1988 Porsche 959 Specifications
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|2800||Twin turbo |
dohc flat 6
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.