1983-1992 Porsche 928S and 928S 4 Pictures and Specifications
A hotter Porsche 928S went on sale in Europe in 1980, but America didn't get the more potent 234-bhp engine until 1982, along with a new four-speed automatic transmission. The Porsche 928S 4 proved its mettle by reaching a top speed of 172 mph in Utah in 1986, making it the fastest production car on the road.
With its 5.0-liter V-8, the 1985 Porsche 928S hit 60 mph in under 6 seconds.
New flat-face wheels identified the 1985 Porsche 928S externally.
The Porsche 928S had a rich and comfortable interior with leather upholstery.
- $44,000 for 1984 928S
- $50,000 for 1985 928S
- $58,900 for 1987 928S 4
- $63,500 for 1988 928S 4
- $74,500 for 1990 928S 4
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|4644||sohc V-8||232||1983-1984 |
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.