The Porsche 928 was a combination of great luxury and incredible performance. It debuted in 1978 as one of the most expensive cars in the Porsche line. The 928 was a startling departure from the performance-driven 911, but was no less patiently and meticulously honed over the years.
Initial U.S. horsepower for the Porsche 928 was a stout 220.
The Porsche 928's front engine drove a rear transaxle via a flexible propshaft.
The Porsche 928 boasted an aluminum 4.5-liter V-8 engine.
1978-1982 Porsche 928 Specifications
- $28,500 for 1978 model
- $38,500 for 1980 model
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.