The Porsche 968 was the final model in the evolution of the 924 line. It included updated styling, distinctive lay-back headlights, plus a twincam inline-four enlarged to 3.0 liters, the largest naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine in regular series production. The Porsche 968 was sold from 1992 to 1995.
The Porsche 968 came in open Cabriolet and closed coupe versions.
The Porsche 968 was a balanced car with a surprisingly potent four-cylinder mill.
The Porsche 968 Cabrio stickered for an eye-popping $51,000 in 1992.
The 968 Cabrio was effectively a two-seater -- the "back seat" was a parcel shelf.
1992-1995 Porsche 968 Specifications
- $39,850 for 1992 968 coupe
- $51,000 for 1992 968 Cabriolet
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|2990||dohc I-4 ||236||1992-1995 |
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.