The Porsche 924 was the first water-cooled front-engine production Porsche. This relatively low-cost coupe was a startling departure from the expensive, air-cooled, rear-engine Porsche 911, and its Audi engine caused fans of the marque to question its Porsche credentials.
The Porsche 924 shown here as it looked upon its original 1976 European debut.
This 1979 Sebring special edition Porsche 924 featured a tilt/takeout sunroof.
1977-1982 Porsche 924 Specifications
- $9,395 for 1977 model
- $16,770 for 1982 model
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|1984||sohc I-4||95||1977-1979 |
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.