The Porsche 914 went on sale in the U.S. in 1970 as part of a joint venture with Volkswagen. It was a good performer and affordable, but the midengine 914's standing as a true Porsche was tarnished by its heavy use of contemporary VW components. This Porsche sports car was sold until 1976.
The Porsche 914 had squared-up styling distinct from Porsche tradition.
The midengine placement gave the Porsche 914 fine weight balance.
A roomy cockpit made the Porsche 914 quite practical for a two-seater sports car.
- $3,595 for 1970 model
- $5,599 for 1973 model
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|1679||ohv flat 4 ||76||1970-1974 |
|1795||ohv flat 4||72||1974-1976|
|1971||ohv flat 4||91||1973-1976|
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.