The Porsche 356 family of sports cars launched the Porsche brand, and the links below propel you into their story. Learn about the history of these timeless classics of the 1950s and early 1960s, see scores of Porsche 356 pictures, and explore Porsche 356 specifications.
For the complete story of the Porsche 356, read on.
Porsche 356 History: A rear-engine layout, nothing-wasted design, top-notch workmanship, and outstanding road manners, this is the blueprint for Porsche's sports-car success. Learn about the 356, from its pre-production prototypes through the last of its great 356C models.
Porsche 356 Pictures and Specifications: For dozens of pictures of the Porsche 356, as well as dimensions, engine type, horsepower, prices, and more, see:
- 1950-1955 Porsche 356 Pictures and Specifications
- 1956-1959 Porsche 356A Pictures and Specifications
- 1960-1963 Porsche 356B Pictures and Specifications
- 1964-1965 Porsche 356C Pictures and Specifications
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Porsche new cars
- Porsche used cars
- Premium performance car prices and reviews
- How Sports Cars Work