1950-1955 Porsche 356 Pictures and Specifications
The Porsche 356 was the first volume-production Porsche. This first-generation of Porsche's classic rear-engine sports-car design went on sale in 1950 and continued through 1955.
The Porsche 356 had a simple, rounded form that's stood the test of time.
The Porsche 356 used an air-cooled engine with roots in a Volkswagen design.
Highly functional and very well-built described the Porsche 356, inside and out.
1950-1955 Porsche 356 Specifications
The Porsche 356 Speedster had a racy cut-down windshield and cost $3,500.
- $4,200 for 1952 coupe
- $4,400 for 1954 Super
- $3,500 for 1955 Speedster
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|1086||ohv flat 4 ||46 ||1950-1954 |
|1286||ohv flat 4||50||1951-1954|
|1290||ohv flat 4||70||1953-1955|
|1488||ohv flat 4||64-82||1952-1955|
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Premium performance car prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.