1969-1970 Jaguar XKE Series 2 Specifications
The Jaguar XKE Series 2 (or the E-Type Series 2, as it was also known) had improved engine cooling and more comfort compared to the XKE Series 1, but at the expense of some of the earlier car's lively performance.
Jaguar XKE Series 2 Specifications
|Configuration|| Front engine; two-seat and 2+2|
|Body style||Coupe, convertible, 2+2 coupe|
|Suspension, front||Independent with torsion bars|
|Suspension, rear||Independent with four coil springs|
|Wheelbase (inches)||96 (105 for 2+2)|
|Track, front (inches)||50|
|Track, rear (inches)||50|
|Overall length (inches)||175.5 (184.0 for 2+2)|
Jaguar XKE Series 2 Engines
|Inline six-cylinder |
|Type||Iron block, aluminum head with two overhead camshafts, two valves per cylinder|
| Displacement, liters/cc||4.6/4,235|
| Maximum horsepower||265|
Jaguar XKE Series 2 Performance
| Best 0-60 mph (seconds)||7.0|
| Best top speed (mph)||150|
For more on Jaguar and other great cars, see:
- Jaguar Cars: Check out more information on the great sporting cats.
- How Sports Cars Work: Get the lowdown on hundreds of fantastic sports cars from the 1940s to today.
- Classic Cars: Learn about the world's most coveted automobiles in these illustrated profiles.
- Ferrari: Learn about every significant Ferrari road car and racing car.
- New Jaguars: Reviews, ratings, prices, and specifications on the current Jaguar lineup from the auto editors of Consumer Guide.
- Used Jaguars: Reviews, recalls, trouble spots, and more on pre-owned Jaguars starting with the 1990 model year. From the auto editors of Consumer Guide