The Jaguar SS 100 was not a "pure" Jaguar, in the sense that it used a chassis and engine from the Standard Motor Car company. But its stylish body design was by Jaguar, and its fine performance and rakish spirit set the tone for all Jaguar sports car to come.
Jaguar SS 100 Specifications
|Configuration||Front engine; two-seat-plus-shelf.|
|Suspension, front||Beam axle with leaf springs|
|Suspension, rear||Live axle with leaf springs|
|Track, front (inches)||54|
|Track, rear (inches)||54|
|Overall length (inches)||153|
Jaguar SS 100 Engines
|Engine||Standard-base inline six-cylinder |
|Type||Pushrod overhead valve |
| Displacement, liters/cc||2.7/2661 or 3.5/3485 |
| Maximum horsepower||125 |
Jaguar SS 100 Performance
| Best 0-60 mph (seconds)||10.4 |
| Best top speed (mph)||101 |
For more on Jaguar and other great cars, see:
- Jaguar Cars: Check out more information on the great sporting cats.
- How Sports Cars Work: Get the lowdown on hundreds of fantastic sports cars from the 1940s to today.
- Classic Cars: Learn about the world's most coveted automobiles in these illustrated profiles.
- Ferrari: Learn about every significant Ferrari road car and racing car.
- New Jaguars: Reviews, ratings, prices, and specifications on the current Jaguar lineup from the auto editors of Consumer Guide.
- Used Jaguars: Reviews, recalls, trouble spots, and more on pre-owned Jaguars starting with the 1990 model year. From the auto editors of Consumer Guide.