1954-1956 Jaguar D-Type Specifications
The Jaguar D-Type represented a rare blend of road-racing science and road-racing art. With a speed-conscious XK engine and monocoque chassis largely made of magnesium sheetmetal, the D-Type was the pinnacle of Jaguar performance for many years.
Jaguar D-Type Specifications
|Number built ||71 |
|Configuration||Front engine; one-door, two-seat|
|Body style ||Roadster |
|Suspension, front || Independent with torsion bars|
|Suspension, rear ||Live axle with torsion bar |
|Wheelbase (inches) ||90 |
|Track, front (inches) ||50 |
|Track, rear (inches) ||48 |
|Overall length (inches) ||154 to 161.5 |
Jaguar D-Type Engines
|Type || I-6, iron block, aluminum head with two overhead camshafts, two valves per cylinder|
|Displacement, liters/cc || 3.0/NA, 3.4/3442, 3.8/3781|
|Maximum horsepower || 250, 265|
Jaguar D-Type Performance
|Best 0-60 mph (seconds)||4.7|
|Best top speed (mph) ||179 |
For more on Jaguar and other great cars, see:
- Jaguar Cars: Check out more information on the great sporting cars.
- How Sports Cars Work: Get the lowdown on hundreds of fantastic sports cars from the 1940s to today.
- Classic Cars: Learn about the world's most coveted automobiles in these illustrated profiles.
- Ferrari: Learn about every significant Ferrari road car and racing car.
- New Jaguars: Reviews, ratings, prices, and specifications on the current Jaguar lineup from the auto editors of Consumer Guide.
- Used Jaguars: Reviews, recalls, trouble spots, and more on pre-owned Jaguars starting with the 1990 model year. From the auto editors of Consumer Guide.