For more on hybrid cars and hybrid SUVs, more on fuel-efficient vehicles, and more great car information, check out:
- The Consumer Guide to Hybrid Vehicles: Learn about every gas-electric vehicle, and some upcoming models, too. Includes photos, prices, and fuel-economy data.
- Fuel-economy leaders: The EPA admits its fuel economy numbers are estimates. Ours are real. Here are the fuel-economy leaders as determined in Consumer Guide tests.
- Consumer Guide New Car Reviews and Prices: Road test results, photos, specifications, and prices for hundreds of new cars, trucks, minivans, and SUVs from the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide.
- Alternative fuels: Gas-electric hybrids aren't the only unconventionally powered cars. Learn more about the world of alternative fuels.
- Plug-in hybrids: This is the next frontier in automotive gas-electric power. Find out how plug-in hybrid cars work and what their advantages are.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Quiz Corner: Hybrid Car Quiz
- How Batteries Work
- How the BMW H2R Works
- How Car Engines Work
- How Continuously Variable Transmissions Work
- How Electric Cars Work
- How Electric Motors Work
- How Force, Power, Torque and Energy Work
- How the Ford Escape Hybrid Works
- How Fuel Cells Work
- How Gasoline Works
- How Gas Prices Work
- How Horsepower Works
- How the Hydrogen Economy Works
- How Manual Transmissions Work
- What speed should I drive to get maximum fuel efficiency?
- 2007 Hybrid Car Pictures
- Consumer Guide's Real World Fuel-Economy Champions
- Are climate skeptics right?
More Great Links
- Discovery Channel: "Addicted to Oil"
- Insightman.com - site run by a fan of the Honda Insight
- Toyota Prius Site
- Honda Insight Site
- Revolution in Motion: Gas Trends & Fuel Prices
- "Diesel-based hybrid cars." The Daily Times.
- Honda Insight
- Toyota Prius