Lots More Information
Does stop-start technology really help with fuel economy? HowStuffWorks talked to experts to find out.
Author's Note: 10 Surprisingly Fuel Efficient Sports Cars
As I researched this list, some of the fuel-efficient sports cars I found surprised even me. Car companies have thrown themselves fully into providing fuel-efficient models, while still delivering the speed and power that some consumers continue to crave. Could cars be even more fuel-efficient if we reduced their power or took off a few unnecessary options? Of course they could. But consumers want power, luxury and efficiency -- which drives auto designers and engineers to deliver the best of all worlds.
- Archer, Jeffrey. "Top 6 Sports Cars That Are Good on Gas." Autotrader.com. (Aug. 23, 2012) http://www.autotrader.com/research/article/car-news/170046/top-6-sports-cars-that-are-good-on-gas.jsp
- Gorzelany, Jim. "The Fastest and Most Fuel-Frugal Sports Cars." Forbes.com. May 15, 2012. (Aug. 23, 2012) http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2012/05/15/the-fastest-and-most-fuel-frugal-sports-cars/
- Lotuscars.com. "Lotus Elise." (Aug. 22, 2012) http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/our-cars/current-range/elise-16
- Mazdausa.com. "Mazda3 Speed at a Glance." (Aug. 24, 2012) http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=modelsSpecs&vehicleCode=MS3
- Mercedes-Benz. "SLK250 Performance and Handling." (Aug. 23, 2012) http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/build/class-SLK/model-SLK250#performance
- Scion.com. "FR-S Specifications." (Aug. 24, 2012) http://www.scion.com/cars/FR-S/specs/
- Seitz, Dan. "3 Cars That Are Surprisingly Green." Safeauto.com. (Aug. 22, 2012) http://www.safeauto.com/Blog/post/2012/04/11/3-Cars-That-Are-Surprisingly-Green.aspx