Ford Mustang magic has much to do with things that facts and figures can't capture. Nevertheless, there is a lot about this legendary car that is quantifiable.
The links at the bottom this page will take you to articles that offer a by-the-numbers look at the Mustang. Grouped by every design period since the car's introduction in 1965, the articles contain key specifications, engine and transmission types, prices, and production totals. Consider this information to be an informative peek under the hood of the original pony car.
Here are specifications for each design generation of the Ford Mustang:
- 1965, 1966 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1967, 1968 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1969, 1970 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1971, 1972, 1973 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1979, 1980, 1981 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Ford Mustang Specifications
- 2005, 2006, 2007 Ford Mustang Specifications
For even more useful information on the Ford Mustang, check out:
- Saddle up for the complete story of America's best-loved sporty car. How the Ford Mustang Works chronicles the legend from its inception in the early 1960s to today's all-new Mustang.
- For a full report on the 2007 Ford Mustang, check out Consumer Guide New Car Reviews. Here you'll find road test results, photos, specifications, and prices for hundreds of cars, trucks, minivans, and SUVs.
- The Ford Mustang is central to America's muscle car mania. Learn about some of the quickest Mustangs ever, along with profiles, photos, and specifications of more than 100 muscle cars.
- Carroll Shelby was a winning race driver, a resourceful car builder, and a character like none other. Read this profile on the most exciting figure in Ford Mustang history.