Introduced as a 2005 model, the sixth-generation Corvette was more an evolution of the C5 than an all-new car. Still, it upped the Corvette’s already high performance bar and maintained the Corvette’s rightful place among the world’s best sports car values. The 2006 Z06 followed and took Corvette performance to stratospheric heights. Take a look at some C6 models below.
A developmental C6 Corvette is tested at the
GM Desert Proving Ground in Mesa, Arizona.
The C6 Z06 Corvette was unveiled in
January 2005 at Detroit's
North American International Auto Show,
but it didn't hit the streets until that
fall as an '06 model.
Learn more about the Corvettes in this generation:
| 2006 Corvette||2007 Corvette |
Looking for more information on Corvettes and other cars? See:
- Corvettes: Learn about the history behind each model year and see Corvette photographs.
- Corvette Specifications: Get key specifications, engine and transmission types, prices, and production totals.
- Corvette Museum: The National Corvette Museum draws Corvette lovers from all over the world. Learn more about the museum.
- Corvette Pictures: Find pictures of the hottest classic and current-year Corvettes.
- Muscle Cars: Get information on more than 100 tough-guy rides.
- Consumer Guide Corvette Reviews: Considering a Corvette purchase? See what Consumer Guide has to say.